Location: 2438 S 27th Ave, Minneapolis, St Paul and Burnsville
This position is responsible for training MRC Training and Education courses.
Instructs MRC Training and Education Courses.
Acts as a classroom trainer for one or several of MRC’s Computer Training Courses in:
- Intro to PC, Windows XP and 7
- Microsoft Office Professional Software 2010
- Quickbooks and Accounting Support Basics
- Medisoft and Medical Terminology
- A+ Certification and Computer Technician
- Trains other areas including but not limited to:
Maintenance Custodial Skills/Building Operations
- Special Class Engineers License – 1st level of Boiler License
- Residential Energy Auditor Certification
- Basic Janitorial Skills
- Basic Maintenance in Plumbing, Electrical, Heating/Cooling, Hard and Carpet Floor Care, Carpentry and Drywall.
Trains other business related areas including but not limited to:
- Employment Preparation (Study Skills, Workplace Skills and Life Management Skills)
- Customer Service and Effective Communication
- Job Seeking Skills, Business Writing
- Clerical Skills
- Dialect Modification/Accent Reduction and Vocabulary
- Go GREEN
Writes progress reports and hands completed reports over to MRC’s Training Services Manager.
Administers and grades all exams.
Discusses areas of improvement with students and appropriate manager.
Handles problems or issues and refers to the appropriate manager as needed.
Instructs one to one trainings on-site and off-site.
- Contacts student and sets schedule.
- Prepares and sends letter and schedule to student and referring counselor.
- Writes progress reports and hands completed reports over to MRC’s Training Services Manager.
Other miscellaneous training duties.
- Tutors students as needed.
- Oversees the training areas and keeps labs clean and orderly.
- Assists in the training of new training staff as needed.
- Assists in the development of new training courses as needed.
- Assists in the preparation upcoming training courses as needed.
- Assists in the revisions of training materials as needed.
Attends all scheduled trainer meetings.
- High School Diploma
- Four-year degree in Education, Business, IT or other related degree.
- Computer literate in Windows XP and 7
- Office Technology and Information Technology Only – MOS Certification in Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook)
- Information Technology Only – A+ Certification
- Maintenance Custodial Only - Special Class Engineers License.
- Typing Software and Internet
- Two years of training experience.
- Experience working with adults with disabilities, immigrants, veterans and persons transitioning off of public assistance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve quickly.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM JOB
- Travel independently throughout the metro area and greater Minnesota.
- Be able to use a computer
- Be able to communicate verbally
- Be able to occasionally lift 25-50 lbs.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- All office equipment.
- Building Facilities Tools/Equipment
Hourly Wage Range: DOQ Position Date: August 12, 2013
How to Apply: Please email, fax or send resume to:
Lena Balk, 2438 S 27th Ave, Ste 100, Minneapolis MN 55406
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer