Provide intensive job placement and retention support services to participants with multiple barriers to employment; establish cooperative working relationships with area employers. Facilitate workshops and job search for participants.
- Provide individualized service to job seekers and assist in the attainment of employment; i.e.: job development, career counseling, assistance in filling out job applications, resume writing, teaching interviewing skills, providing job leads, and making referrals for openings.
- Establish relationships with metro employers and promote employment opportunities for job seekers.
- Maintain up-to-date case notes electronically; assist Case Managers in tracking progress of participants. Complete monthly reporting on participant employment.
- Maintain current information on job and labor market trends and communicate information to staff.
- Facilitate Job Search Center.
- Facilitate a curriculum of workshops (Job Club and Employment Readiness Training).
- Actively participate in Resource Inc.’s Undoing Racism Plan.
- Conduct mock interviews
- Attend & participate in regularly scheduled staff & agency meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree OR Associated Degree plus 2 years experience OR three years professional experience OR student near completion of relevant training program
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience in direct placement, job development, and marketing desired, but not required
- Proficiency in MS Office Suites, report writing, e-mail, and Internet required.
- Desire and ability to work with persons of diverse cultural, economic, & education backgrounds.
- Able to travel independently throughout twin city metro area and posses valid drivers license and insurance.
- Knowledge of local labor market.
SALARY RANGE: DOQ
BENEFITS INCLUDE: 3 weeks vacation, 10 sick, 10 holidays, medical, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401(k).
HOW TO APPLY: Send/fax/email/apply in person to: Nikki Coates, RESOURCE, 1900 Chicago Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55404-1903; firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS
DEADLINE: Interviews will begin upon receipt of qualified candidates. Open until filled.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer