Program: Youth Futures
Location: 900 20th Avenue South, Minneapolis
- Provide education and employment counseling, job development and placement services to participants.
- Provide job seeking skills training and labor market information to job seekers.
- Maintain job seekers files, submit reporting forms and other data to data specialist as required by Employment Action Center.
- Assist job seekers in identifying and accessing public and private resources for removing barriers to self-sufficiency.
- Help job seekers develop and strengthen their self-esteem and work behaviors.
- Positively represent agency, program and job seekers needs to other agencies.
- Evaluate and assist in education placement
- BA/BS degree in human services, AA plus two years social service or HS/GED and four years social service experience. GCDF certification a plus.
- One-year experience in education or job development and placement is required.
- Knowledge of local job market and proven ability to establish cooperative relationships with employers and community organizations.
- Ability to place individuals in jobs in accordance with their job goals and skills.
- Ability to complete detailed paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to provide or arrange services such as career/personal counseling, assessment and training as needed to assist job seekers in meeting goals.
- Experience and desire to work with persons of diverse cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Must be capable of independent travel
STARTING SALARY: DOQ
Benefits include: 15 vacation days; 10 sick days; 10 holidays, medical, dental, life and LTD insurance, and 401K.
Send / fax resume: K.Wagner, 900 S 20th Av, Minneapolis, MN, 55404 / 612.752.8801. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer