Job Title: Program Director – Outpatient Treatment Programs
Status: Full Time
Program: Chemical and Mental Health
Location: 1900 Chicago Ave, Minneapolis MN
Our agency mission is to meet the needs of underserved individuals and reduce racial and health disparities. We aim to use innovative, evidenced based and best practices to provide quality care that is culturally responsive and trauma informed. With the supervision and leadership of the Director of Clinical Services, this position is responsible for supervising, managing, and leading our outpatient treatment programs: Integrated Dual Diagnosis Treatment, Relapse Prevention Treatment, and Family Outpatient Treatment services for women, men, and families. Treatment is delivered in gender – specific, evidence-based tracks/ programs. The Program Director will be responsible for ensuring coordination and compliance with funding sources, licensing authorities, and key stakeholders; providing effective supervision and staffing; monitoring for program quality; continuing growth of new programming; facilitating coordination of care with division continuum of services; and ensuring culturally responsive direct services to individuals/families in the program. This person will also be responsible for ensuring integrated dual diagnosis treatment with the Rule 29 clinical mental health team. The Program Director will provide some direct group and individual clinical services. The Program Director provides on-call coverage as needed by phone nights and weekends.
This position will operate and evolve in its duties/ functions in the landscape of innovative service models, health care reform implications, and the current integration of our chemical and mental health services.
- Ensure delivery of outpatient treatment in compliance with Rule 31 licensing requirements. Ensure quality of services through quality improvement, licensing and internal monitoring processes.
- Ensure quick and easy access to services.
- Provide administrative and clinical supervision to staff members. Monitor and ensure direct service activity.
- Ensure ongoing implementation and delivery of evidence-based and best practices associated with successful treatment outcomes (IDDT, motivational interviewing, trauma informed services)
- Achieve fidelity with DDCAT (Dual Diagnosis Capability Assessment Tool) for delivery of Integrated Dual Diagnosis Treatment for treatment programs, in coordination with Director.
- Continue establishment of services as a center of excellence for IDDT. Work with leadership team to design and implement services in alignment with the IDDT Rule.
- Ensure fiscal viability of programs/services in coordination with Director.
- Ensure culturally-responsive care to participants, including but not limited to: co-occurring disorders, gender, culture, ethnicity, etc.
- Ensure coordination of services with the division’s continuum of care (supportive services and recovery maintenance) and collaborators ensuring access to comprehensive services for clients.
- Ensure consistent application of agency human resource processes.
- Monitor and continuously improve program services resulting in increased program performance, client satisfaction and achievement of contracted and agency-established program outcomes.
- Ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information to program staff.
- Participate in effective communication and accept supervision with/from Director.
- Compile and report in a timely and accurate manner program statistics at designated intervals.
- Conduct meetings, supervision, and training with program staff.
- Evaluate and mediate clients concerns and complaints with direction from Director.
- Recruit, hire, train, retain, and evaluate staff. Ensure the quality of staffing to perform duties through proactive and equitable recruitment, screening, hiring, evaluation, training, and discipline practices. Ensure adequate staffing ratios.
- Manage caseloads per program expectations. Ensure accurate / timely documentation for client files. Implement best practice standards related to concurrent and collaborative documentation.
- Ensure provision and provide services as needed.
- Support and provide leadership in Resource, Inc.’s Undoing Racism and Promoting Diversity Initiatives.
- Effectively collaborate with the Rule 29 clinical mental health team.
- Develop and implement effective outreach and marketing plan.
- Participate in the division Management Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage miscellaneous projects and completes various tasks as needed by management.
- Maintain on call availability and emergency on site response.
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) OR eligibility to practice and supervise chemical health services in compliance with MN Statutes 9530 (Rule 31) & MN Board of Behavioral Health & Therapy (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience (Required); Masters degree (Desired but not required)
- Demonstrated knowledge and at least three years experience in delivery of chemical dependency treatment and/or integrated dual diagnosis treatment (Required)
- Capable of independent travel with valid driver’s license and insurance. (Required)
- A minimum of two years supervisory experience in a behavioral health setting (Required)
- Clinical and administrative supervision experience in a treatment or recovery setting (Desired, but not required)
- Experience in program development, employee relations, compliance monitoring (Desired)
- Licensed as mental health professional (Desired, but not required)
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of clinical continuum including assessment, treatment planning, documentation, crisis intervention, referral process, and discharge planning
- Thorough knowledge of community resources
- Ability to work effectively within diverse environment
- Good organizational skills and documentation skill that meet professional practices and program expectations including knowledge of screening and assessing, goal planning and review, case noting, discharge planning and follow-up
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships
- Ability to utilize broad based knowledge of therapeutic and evidence based interventions for individuals and families impacted by chemical dependency and co-occurring chemical and mental health issues
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Competitive, depending on qualifications.
BENEFITS: Paid vacation, sick time and holidays. Full enrollment into medical, dental, life and LTD insurance and 401(k) plan. Other optional benefits available.
HOW TO APPLY: Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com – In the subject line of the email, you must reference – Job #2014 – Program Director-Outpatient Treatment
DEADLINE: Interviews will begin upon receipt of qualified applicants.
RESOURCE invests in people to care for themselves and their families. Our mission is to empower people to achieve greater personal, social and economic success. RESOURCE offers three main areas of services: chemical and mental health, employment and training. We provide licensed clinical treatment, care coordination, and recovery support to ensure that successes achieved are long-lasting. Our workforce development services include: assessment, credentialed career training, education placement, job placement, retention & follow-up services, and wrap around support services. For more information, go to our website: www.resource-mn.org
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer