Program: Outpatient Treatment Programs & Recovery Access Services (Integrated Dual Diagnosis Treatment, Relapse Prevention Treatment, Family Outpatient Treatment, Assessment Services
Location: 1900 Chicago Avenue
With the supervision & leadership of the RRC Center Director, this position is responsible for supervising, managing, and leading Recovery Resource Center recovery access services and outpatient treatment programs: Integrated Dual Diagnosis Treatment, Relapse Prevention Treatment, Family Outpatient Treatment services for women, men, and families. Treatment is delivered in gender –specific, evidence-based tracks/ programs. The Program Director will be responsible to: manage the program; ensure coordination and compliance with funding sources, licensing authorities, and key stakeholders; provide effective supervision and staffing; service monitoring and quality assurance, continue growth/progress with the RRC treatment enhancement initiative, facilitate coordination of care with RRC continuum of services (supportive services and recovery maintenance), and ensure culturally responsive direct services to individuals/families in the program including ensuring staffing needed for coverage. This person will also be responsible for ensuring integrated dual diagnosis treatment with the rule 29 clinical mental health team/clinic. With the leadership of the RRC Center Director this person will function as treatment director and provide supervision directly and indirectly for the multidisciplinary team.
Please Note: This position will operate and evolve in its duties/ functions in the landscape of innovative service models, health care reform implications, and the current integration of Recovery Resource Center and Spectrum Community Mental Health Center in to one RESOURCE behavioral health center in 2013-2014.
- Ensure delivery of outpatient treatment in compliance with rule 31 licensing requirements. Ensures integrity and quality of programs and services to clients through quality improvement, licensing and internal monitoring processes.
- Ensure delivery of open recovery access services to assist individuals and families with direct access to treatment and/or recovery services (rule 25 assessment services)
- Provide administrative and clinical supervision to staff members responsible for the clients involved in the Recovery Resource Center outpatient treatment program. Monitor and ensure direct service activity.
- Ensure ongoing implementation and delivery of evidence-based practices associated with successful treatment outcomes approved by Center Director (IDDT, motivational interviewing, trauma informed services)
- Achieve fidelity with DDCAT (Dual Diagnosis Capability Assessment Tool) for delivery of Integrated Dual Diagnosis Treatment for RRC treatment programs, in coordination with Center Director.
- Continue establishment of services as a center of excellence for IDDT. Work with leadership team to design and implement services in alignment with the IDDT rule.
- Ensure fiscal viability of programs/services in coordination with Center Director.
- Ensure culturally-responsive care to participants, including but not limited to: co-occurring disorders, gender, culture, ethnicity, etc.
- Ensure coordination of services with RRC’s continuum of care (supportive services and recovery maintenance) and collaborators ensuring access to comprehensive services for clients.
- Ensure consistent application of agency human resource processes.
- Monitor and continuously improve program services resulting in increased program performance, client satisfaction and achievement of contracted and agency-established program outcomes.
- Ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information to program staff.
- Participate in effective communication and accept supervision with/from Center Director
- Compile and report in a timely and accurate manner program statistics at designated intervals.
- Conduct meetings, supervision, and training with program staff.
- Evaluate and mediate clients concerns and complaints with direction from Center Director.
- Recruit, hire, train, retain, and evaluate staff. Ensure the quality of staffing to perform duties through proactive and equitable recruitment, screening, hiring, evaluation, training, and discipline practices. Ensure for adequate staffing ratios.
- Manage caseloads per program expectations. Ensure accurate / timely documentation for client file. Implement best practice standards related to concurrent and collaborative documentation.
- Ensure provision and provide services as needed.
- Support and provide leadership in Resource, Inc.’s Undoing Racism and Promoting Diversity Initiatives.
- Deliver integrated dual diagnosis treatment in coordination with the rule 29 clinical mental health team.
- Develop and implement effective outreach and marketing plan.
- Participate in the RRC Management Team
- Ensure growth and progress on the RRC Treatment Enhancement Initiative
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Manage miscellaneous projects and completes various tasks as needed by management.
- Maintain on call availability and emergency on site response.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) OR eligibility to practice and supervise chemical health services in compliance with MN Statutes 9530 (Rule 31) & MN Board of Behavioral Health & Therapy (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience (Required); Masters degree (Desired but not required)
- Demonstrated knowledge and at least three years experience in delivery of chemical dependency treatment and/or integrated dual diagnosis treatment (Required)
- Capable of independent travel with valid driver’s license and insurance. (Required)
- A minimum of two years supervisory experience in a behavioral health setting (Required)
- Clinical & Administrative supervision experience in a treatment or recovery setting (Desired, but not required)
- Experience in program development, employee relations, compliance monitoring (Desired)
- Licensed as mental health professional (Desired, but not required)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of clinical continuum, to include: assessment, treatment planning, charting / documentation, crisis intervention, referral process, and discharge planning.
- Thorough knowledge of community resources
- Work effectively within diverse environment
- Good organizational skills and documentation skill that meet professional practices and program expectations to include: knowledge of screening and assessing, goal planning and review, case noting, discharge planning and follow-up.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships.
- Ability to utilize broad based knowledge of therapeutic and evidence based interventions for individuals and families impacted by chemical dependency and co-occurring chemical and mental health issues.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Competitive, Depending on Qualifications.
BENEFITS: 3 weeks vacation. 10 sick days, 10 holidays, medical, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401(k) plan.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit application materials ATTN: Heidi Kammer MSW, LICSW, LADC, Center Director, Recovery Resource Center, a division of RESOURCE, Inc.; 1900 Chicago Avenue South; Minneapolis, MN 55404; Phone: 612.752.8000 FAX: 612.752.8001
The following materials must be submitted by the deadline ATTN: Heidi Kammer:
- RESOURCE application (available on webpage: www.resource-mn.org)
- Cover Letter, identifying interest in the position, qualifications, & skills sets
- Resume summarizing career objectives, education, employment experience, including consultation roles, memberships/ affiliations
- A list of professional references (3)
- Salary requirement (this may be included on the cover letter).
INQUIRIES: NO PHONEALLS, PLEASE. Inquiries regarding this position may be made via EMAIL ONLY to Heidi Kammer, MSW, LICSW, LADC, RRC Center Director; email: email@example.com;
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled. All required application materials must be submitted ATTN: Heidi Kammer. Interviews will begin upon receipt of qualified applicants.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer