Mental Health Case Manager
Status: Full-Time Classification: 2.B Program: Opportunity Housing Program (OHP)
Location: Continental Hotel, 66 South 12th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55404
Position Summary: This position will join and support a growing team of services personnel as part of a new Supportive Housing partnership between Simpson Housing Services, Aeon, and Spectrum Community Mental Health. The position is responsible for conducting comprehensive psycho-social assessments and either providing or assisting residents in accessing appropriate services.
- Conduct outreach and engagement with current and incoming residents of the Continental and Lamoreaux, two permanent Supportive Housing properties in Downtown Minneapolis.
- Conduct up to 143 in-depth screening/needs assessments for residents during 2013 and, with a subset of residents, develop an Individual Service Plan that will assist residents to address their needs, deficits, and goals.
- Evaluate and consult with residents, team members and others significant to the client; and change and further specify Plan on a continuing basis.
- Enroll eligible residents in Targeted Case Management and provide TCM services
- Meet with residents regularly to check progress, provide support and monitor mental health functioning and medication effectiveness.
- Refer residents to appropriate community resources and arrange (or provide) transportation to appointments as needed.
- Communicate with OHP team members, community professionals, and other service providers to ensure that services for residents are coordinated.
- Maintain resident/client files and program records, court reports, and develop reports as required.
- Participate in (or facilitate) staff meetings and meet regularly with supervisor for individual supervision.
- Provide group and individual clinical supervision for licensed and/or unlicensed mental health providers
- Comply with HIPPA and Data Privacy Practices.
- Positively represent agency, program and participant needs.
- Actively participate in agency’s undoing racism plan.
- Assist in direct supervision of clients during social/recreation activities at the Continental or Lam
- Other supervisory duties as assigned and needed
- Master’s Degree in behavioral sciences or related fields including but not limited to social work or psychology from an accredited college or university with four years experience in case management
- Licensed as Mental Health Professional; preferably as an LICSW.
- Experience with clinical and administrative supervision of staff
- Experience working with long-term homeless individuals who have SPMI & co-occurring disorders
- Ability to relate to and advocate for diverse client needs and interests.
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and computer experience.
Salary and Benefits: DOQ. 3 weeks paid vacation, 10 sick and 10 paid holidays, medical, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401(K) plan.
Apply: Fax (612) 752-8201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org cover letter & resume to Steve Carlson
Spectrum Community Mental Health is interested in hiring staff who are capable of functioning effectively in the context of cultural differences and capable of valuing differences in all cultures.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer