Employment Support and Placement Specialist
Location: 3400 1st Street North, Suite 404, St. Cloud, Minnesota
This position will be responsible for assisting individuals with disabilities retain employment through long term supports to ensure they maintain competitive employment. This position will also be responsible for providing placement services and post-placement follow along services for up to a year to ensure they maintain employment, as well as assist in the development of new business relationships and help maintain existing relationships.
- Provide long term follow-along support services through a contract with DEED/VRS (Extended Employment) to include a minimum of 2 face-to-face meetings each month. Provide phone support to these same participants as needed to ensure job retention. Maintain contact with employer as needed or requested.
a. Counsel program participants on job issues and develop creative retention strategies.
b. Teach job tasks and coach participants on behavioral/interpersonal skills.
c. Resolve and mediate employer/employee conflicts utilizing problem solving skills and ADAAA knowledge.
d. Train and coach participants on technical functions of their position including checklists and organizational skills.
e. Contact participant’ supervisor to solicit feedback on performance and mediate resolution of issues as needed if preferred by the participant.
- Complete and maintain documentation of hours and wages for all Extended Employment participants.
a. Collect documentation of hours and wages of program participants and submit as program specifies.
b. Record monthly estimations of participant hours worked.
c. Provide weekly case notes and/or monthly reports, as required for Extended Employment contract.
- Provide job placement and job retention services to all participants.
a. Assist participants in completion of a placement plan, resume and cover letter.
b. Job Development – cold calling, newspaper searches, Internet, etc.
c. Secure job leads, interviews and place participants into permanent jobs.
d. Maintain weekly contacts with the participant.
e. Provide support and guidance to the participant through the placement process.
f. Research labor market trends in the St. Cloud area and focus on placement within those industries.
g. Provide post placement follow-along services to all placed participants.
- Meets with local employers to market MRC participants and services and expand business partnership growth.
a. Makes cold calls and visits to new employers to introduce them to MRC, both the services offered and the MRC participants looking for employment.
b. Assists with the expansion of the MRC Business Partner Council, securing new employer partners within industries seeing employment growth.
c. Builds and maintains relationships with existing MRC business partners.
d. Participates in job fairs with MRC job seekers.
e. Maintains the MRC Employer Summary log of all employer visits.
f. Facilitate MRC Business Partner Council Orientations.
- Miscellaneous Duties
a. Maintain daily case notes on in-house tracking system and provide monthly reports in a timely manner.
b. Attend and participate in scheduled department and center meetings.
c. Assist St. Cloud MRC Site Manager with marketing efforts.
d. Assist with clerical related duties as needed.
1. High School Diploma
2. Bachelor’s degree in human services, marketing, sales, rehabilitation, or have 2 years of work experience in any of the previously noted areas.
3. Placement and job development experience preferred.
4. Experience working with adults with disabilities, veterans, immigrants or other barriers to employment.
5. Two years of experience working with individuals with mental health and physical disabilities.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the have the ability to work effectively with business partners, referring counselors and participants.
7. Ability to multi-task and problem solve quickly.
8. Ability to work within ADAAA guidelines.
9. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
10. Ability to work independently.
11. Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of participants.
Physical Requirements Necessary to Perform the Job
• Travel independently throughout Central Minnesota.
• Hear and speak in order to communicate with program participants.
BENEFITS INCLUDE: Vacation, sick, holidays, medical, dental, life and LTD insurance, and 401K plan.
Fax/email resume to Carrie Stang at 320.227-1309 / email@example.com
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer