Location: West St Paul
POSITION SUMMARY: This position involves intensive case management and employment services to individuals on MFIP who may have multiple barriers preventing them from securing and keeping employment.
- Complete a comprehensive needs assessment on all individuals referred to the program.
- Develop individual employment plans and assist participants in accessing public and private resources to meet goals outlined in the plan.
- Provide intensive case management that may include home visits, meetings with other agencies, and advocacy for participants and their families.
- Maintain participant files, submit reporting forms, and other data as required by MFIP and Employment Action Center.
- Work closely with program staff to communicate participants’ status, job search activities and their movement to self-sufficiency.
- Help participants develop and strengthen their self-esteem and work behaviors.
- Positively represent agency, program, and participant needs.
- Actively participate in agency’s’ undoing racism plan.
- B.A. degree in human services or related field is preferred. Global Career Development Certification preferred or ability to become certified.
- One-year experience in vocational/employment counseling, case management, vocational rehabilitation, supported work settings, community mental health, or chemical dependency services.
- Working knowledge of available community resources providing services to low-income families.
- Ability to assess barriers to employment, write plans, and assist participants in attaining job goals.
- Ability to instruct individuals or groups on job market, job seeking and job keeping skills.
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a human services team.
- Ability to provide or arrange services such as career/personal counseling, family counseling, financial counseling, housing issues, medical, mental health, and chemical dependency treatment.
- Experience and desire to work with persons of diverse cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; computer experience required.
BENEFITS INCLUDE: 3 weeks vacation, 10 sick days, 10 holidays, medical, dental, life and LTD insurance and 40(k) plan.
Send/email resume to: N. Capers Vulu, Employment Action Center, Northern Service Center , 1 Mendota Road, Suite 170, West St Paul, MN 55118 / email@example.com
No Phone Calls Please
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer