With the supervision of the Children’s and Family Development Coordinator, the Child Development Specialist will provide daily programming and activities to children participating in children’s programming in the RRC Family Development Room. This person will work jointly and be an active team member with both the RRC Women’s & Family Program. This person will perform three key roles. 1. She/he is responsible for providing skill building, care, and facilitation of daily schedule and activities in the Family Development Room. 2. She/he is responsible for facilitating/ providing parenting and children’s programming according to identified best practices; and 3. She/ he is responsible for providing quality care and services to children/ families attending Family Development Room. Schedule NOTE: This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the scheduling needs of the RRC Family Development Room. Schedule is subject to change based on program needs and level of participation.
Projected Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (Additional hours may be required).
- Facilitate daily children’s programming and activities for children of mothers participating in RRC Family Program. Children are ages 6 weeks – age 17 with primary emphasis with children ages 6 weeks – 5 years.
- Facilitate children’s activities for children.
- Plan and facilitate childhood development activities for children ages 6 weeks – 5 years
- Set up and serve daily snack for children.
- General group room set-up and clean up daily.
- Ensure documentation of all interactions and activities with children and family
- Monthly meetings with parent to update on child developmental progress and children’s group issues.
- Assist Children and Family Coordinator in identifying children’s developmental needs and assisting mother in addressing children’s needs.
- Assist with further development and implementation of RRC Children’s Programming and Family Development components.
- Assist MARFU team in the development and achievement of the mother’s and family’s individualized treatment plan.
- Provide mentoring and role modeling of effective and appropriate parenting skills.
- Ensure communication and coordination of care with all RRC service teams to include: MARFU/ Women’s Program, Housing Program, and Treatment Program/s, as well as community & public providers.
- Present a positive image of all RRC Programs and Services
- Actively Participate in RESOURCE, Inc.’s “Undoing Racism” and Promoting Diversity Initiatives.
- Conduct urinalysis as needed.
- Attend all meetings and staffing as required to include Women’s & Housing Program.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A minimum of two years experience providing early childhood services and/or services to young children and families, or Associates degree or Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood, Social Work, Human Services, or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and abilities to work effectively with children ages 0-18, with emphasis on younger children ages 0-6.
- Knowledge of issues impacting children of women with chemical dependency issues is desirable, but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to transport children and mothers for family activities
- Must pass BCA and DHS background study prior to hire.
- Ability to work as a team member with coworkers and referral sources.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of RRC participants and services; maintain confidential/ sensitive materials and documents. Ability to maintain professional boundaries with RRC participants.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills in a team environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Utilize computer network system, copy machine, fax machine, and telephone system.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $10-$13/hour; Depending on Qualifications
BENEFITS: Position is hourly. Limited benefits may be available based on number of hours worked per week.
HOW TO APPLY: Send/fax/email, or apply in person to: Kristen Bewley, RESOURCE, 1900 Chicago Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55404-1903 / 612-752-8001/ Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resume, cover letter, and RESOURCE application must be submitted to: Kristen Bewley, Children’s and Family Development Coordinator. PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.
DEADLINE: Interviews will begin upon receipt of qualified candidates.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer