POSITION SUMMARY: This position involves intensive case management and employment services to individuals on MFIP who may have multiple barriers preventing them from securing and keeping employment.
- Complete comprehensive needs assessment on all individuals referred to the program.
- Develop individual employment plans and assist participants in accessing public and private resources to meet goals outlined in the plan.
- Provide intensive case management that may include home visits, meetings with other agencies, and advocacy for participants and their families.
- Maintain participant files, submit reporting forms, and other data as required by MFIP and EmploymentActionCenter.
- Work closely with program staff to communicate participants’ status, job search activities and their movement to self-sufficiency.
- Help participants develop and strengthen their self-esteem and work behaviors.
- Positively represent agency, program, and participant needs.
- Actively participate in agency’s’ undoing racism plan.
- B.A. degree in human services or related field is preferred. Global Career Development Certification preferred or ability to become certified.
- One-year experience in vocational/employment counseling, case management, vocational rehabilitation, supported work settings, community mental health, or chemical dependency services.
- Working knowledge of available community resources providing services to low-income families.
- Ability to assess barriers to employment, write plans, and assist participants in attaining ob goals.
- Ability to instruct individuals or groups on job market, job seeking and job keeping skills.
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a human services team.
- Ability to provide or arrange services such as career/personal counseling, family counseling, financial counseling, housing issues, medical, mental health, and chemical dependency treatment.
- Experience and desire to work with persons of diverse cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; computer experience required.
SALARY RANGE: $33,000
BENEFITS INCLUDE: 3 weeks vacation, 10 sick days, 10 holidays, medical, dental, life and LTD insurance and 401(k) plan.
Fax/email resume to: Tracy Olson, Employment Action Center, / 612-752-8801 / email@example.com. NO phone calls please.
RESOURCE invests in people to care for themselves and their families. Our mission is to empower people to achieve greater personal, social and economic success. RESOURCE offers three main areas of services: chemical and mental health, employment and training. We provide licensed clinical treatment, care coordination, and recovery support to ensure that successes achieved are long-lasting. Our workforce development services include: assessment, credentialed career training, education placement, job placement, retention & follow-up services, and wrap around support services. For more information, go to our website: www.resource-mn.org Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer