Location: 900 20th Avenue S, Minneapolis, MN 55404
Position Summary: This position provides intensive case management services to Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) participants who experience multiple barriers to employment, including mental illness and/or chemical dependency. The purpose of these services is to assist the participants in accessing appropriate mental health or chemical health services and reduce barriers to employment. HealthChoices case managers are expected to spend an average of 50 percent of their time in the field with clients and/or case collaterals. Case managers carry a caseload of 20 clients and clients are located throughout HennepinCounty.
- Provide intensive outreach and monitoring through regular home visits to promote and maintain stable functioning.
- Assess individual participant’s mental health and or chemical health needs and determine barriers to employment.
- Develop and coordinate individual community support plan, based upon the participant’s individual strengths and needs.
- Insure access to mental health, chemical health, medical, social, financial, legal and housing services as needed, and act as an advocate for participants.
- Insure that participants keep scheduled appointments in the community and follow through on referrals to other providers of service.
- Assess the needs of the participant’s family for services and establish cooperative relationships with other providers including schools, day care providers, children’s mental health services, etc.
- Participate fully as an interagency team member with employment providers and Health Plan care managers to ensure effective delivery of service and to achieve program goals.
- Maintain records and documentation of service as required including completing case notes, intake assessments, MFIP reporting, and all other documentation as required in a timely manner.
- Communicate and coordinate services with all team members. Attend regular team meetings, center meetings, and other required meetings.
- Conduct some outreach in the community about our services.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor of Arts degree in behavioral sciences or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in relating successfully to persons of different backgrounds, cultures, and personalities.
- Experience in the provision of intensive case management services in the community.
- Experience working with families and preferred experience with MFIP.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently in the field and to use team resources/ supervision to enhance performance.
- Ability to interact professionally and positively with clients and associates.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse staff and clientele.
- Ability to work as an effective and proactive team player.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks and complete work assignments within deadlines.
- Knowledge of the full spectrum of mental illness, symptoms and treatments.
- Knowledge of chemical dependency and resources in HennepinCounty.
- Must be capable of independent travel, have a valid driver’s license and have access to an automobile.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, which may include some evenings or weekends.
Must be able to:
- Hear and speak in order to communicate with program clients, staff and other providers
- Sit at a desk and in team meetings for extended periods of time
- See in order to review documents, review client plans, writes reports and observes clients
- Must be able to drive in order to transport clients to appointments and meetings
- Must be able to access buildings and homes where clients live which may not be accessible
Tools, Equipment and Environment
The majority of work is performed in the community. It will be necessary for the incumbent to attend meetings, which are held outside of the regular work setting. The incumbent will also be required to meet clients in the community and/or their homes. Must be able to use standard computer equipment and have access to and be able to operate a vehicle.
Salary Range: DOQ
Benefits: 3 weeks vacation, 10 sick and 10 paid holidays, medical, dental, life and LTD insurance and 401(k) plan.
How to Apply: Send/fax/email resume to: Breanne McNeil, HealthChoices, 900 20th Avenue S, Minneapolis MN 55404 / 612-824-4654 / email@example.com
RESOURCE invests in people to care for themselves and their families. Our mission is to empower people to achieve greater personal, social and economic success. RESOURCE offers three main areas of services: chemical and mental health, employment and training. We provide licensed clinical treatment, care coordination, and recovery support to ensure that successes achieved are long-lasting. Our workforce development services include: assessment, credentialed career training, education placement, job placement, retention & follow-up services, and wrap around support services. For more information, go to our website: www.resource-mn.org Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer